Workshops

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year and Welcome to January

Hope everyone is all fired up for the new year - Kazuko gave me a cat calendar which I have hanging by the computer so I don't forget. We had a quiet night - well I went to bed early - watching a bollywood movie and got a bit bored and my head hurt a bit. Another relaxing day today slowly getting back into action. No resolutions - just be busy - be healthy - be creative - be travel etc etc.


 If you have been checking out my latest Taster on Grilon you will have seen the piece I did on Tissutex. I wasn't entirely pleased with it as it didn't seem to shrink as much as I thought. Looking at it today I can see I forgot to use Grilon in the bobbin so of course it wouldn't shrink much. So I stitched another as I want to use it in my work. If you look at the piece above it takes up the frame.


This one is after shrinking in hot water and you can see how much it has shrunk. It's not a good photo but I am very pleased with it - it had been bothering me a little. Shows you must do all the right prep.
I have been stitching and layering with the embellisher today and then hand stitching which is good because I have been lazy about things, Too much on. I am working on a little series in preparation for my workshops in Melbourne. I also finished this little landscape. I am enjoying these.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Love your little landscape - you must have had such fun stitching it.
Hope your head stops hurting soon.
The cat calendar is very pretty. Glad I'm not the only one who went to bed early last night!
Grillon is an interesting product - haven't tried it yet.

Sandy said...

I hope your heads gets better soon. It's hard to concentrate when it hurts. Nice samples.

Shane Pollard said...

Beautiful fibre landscape Dale - love the muted palette.

Wishing you all the New Year Blessings you're dreaming of - and more - dear Dale!
Thank you for your friendship over the past year in blogland!
Live, laugh, love and "be happy"!

Shane

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...