Workshops

Sunday, September 13, 2009

a little bit of downunder




Here are the first 6 of my little aussie goodies to go in my 10 pommie bags for Ally Pally. I have 4 more of these to make. What are pommie bags you might ask. Well, if you get the thread studio newsletter all will revealed in the October one. It is our 10th year of exhibiting at Ally Pally and this is my way of saying thank you to some of our wonderful customers wh0 come to see us there. Each little pommie bag will be filled with a selection of downunder delights including these little stitched pics from me. Not long now.

And no - the All Blacks did not win - they gave the Springbox a 40 minute at least start but we started to get excited towards the end - all we can hope is that they are back on fire next Saturday in Wellington against the Wallabies....

9 comments:

Penny said...

Does coming all the way from Australia to see you and being the wonderful customer I am mean I could just possibly merit one? Only kidding!
I love your stitcheries, are they done with the little printer thingy? Wont be home to get the October newsletter.
My poor old crows went under at the last minute last night started well had a bad 3rd 1/4 and I think a bad umpiring decision went the wrong way in the last minute. Ah well always next year.
Sorry about the All Blacks but then I am an Aussie so have to support the wallabies.

Catherine said...

The brightness of the images is wonderful, love them. Yes they do remind me of Australia, you have got it just right. As an avid reader of your blog and like your other comment I have followed you all over the place and admire your ingenuity!!

Heather said...

Your little pics for your Pommie Bags are gorgeous Dale. They really capture the essence of a very different location. Love the colours and those seed pods look very interesting. Sad about the All Blacks but as the saying goes: You can't win them all.

Viv Estill said...

Love the Pommie bits Dale!

Sandy said...

These are great and give me an idea for the samples I just made in a workshop. Thank you for sharing them.

Carol said...

Dare I say it? Go the Boks! LOL. I'm an ex-pat Saff-rican and support them if the Wallabies aren't playing. Sorry ..... love your Aussie pics. Looking forward to the next newsletter, then.

Judy said...

Dale,

What a lovely idea your pommie bags are, sory the All Blacks lost better luck Saturday.

Ev said...

Love the little pics, are they napkins fused to something like felt? Your previous post has also sparked an idea that I have been fishing for for an absolute age. I can now go and make a start on the swap I have been procrastinating on for too long now I have my backgrounds sorted - now to cut 16 x 12cm squares.....

Paula said...

Very nice. Is it a size of a postcard? Beautiful colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...